The new moon is here, which means another turning of the lunar year. Now is the time to enter cleansing mode; the art of release is the energy focus for the next week.
And the proximity of Imbolg to this weekend’s New/Dark Moon has release, cleansing, & planning written all over it. This is a time for introspection, making goals, and releasing old and no longer useful energies and patterns. With this lunar phase, though, the need for release and cleansing seems higher.
When release is achieved and cleansing has been completed, planning can be started to later accomplish the goals we set for ourselves now.
When practicing the art of release, essentially we have to cleanse/clean. This can manifest as physical cleaning and de-cluttering of our living and working spaces, and it can manifest within our Selves–spiritually, mentally, and emotionally cleansing or releasing.
So take this time, this turning of the Moon, to release that which no longer serves you, to cleanse your spaces, and to listen to your inner Self. Plans and goals should be tended and worked toward at this time, and nighttime dreams should be accounted for. Try keeping a dream journal for quick writing when waking. Believe it or not, our Dream Selves are a very real part of us. They can intimate many knowings if we just listen.
The following are suggestions to help begin this process; most of all, let it come from the Heart, and harmony and new opportunities will be invited in once the old has been released.
- Throw open windows, let in sunlight, hang crystals & chimes in the windows (& other parts of the house) to help release stale air & energy & help invite fresh air & clean energy
- Bring in plants; ivy, pothos, succulents, fuschias, African violets, etc. can make great houseplants because they don’t require direct or overbearing sunlight. They’ll also raise the vibrations & good juju in the home.
- Dust, sweep, vacuum, mop; do all these things like Spring cleaning fever. The act of sweeping (this can also be achieved symbolically with sweeping motion) itself is both physical and spiritual: dust & dirt are swept out, as are negative energies & emotions.
- Smudge (with windows open to help release the energy & bring in the fresh), burn candles, burn incense; the act of ‘burning’ cleanses the air & negative energies to make receptive to higher vibrations & energies.
- Toss the synthetic air fresheners and cleaners, and opt for all-natural: boil cinnamon sticks for a spicy aroma, add a few drops of essential oil (like lavender, basil, rosemary, or mint) to your mop water or cleaning water, and even opt for an aromatherapy oil burner.
- Write, write, write; keep a journal, log your goals & your steps to accomplish them, record your dreams, make lists of your daydreams, etc. This is release, good release, & it’ll help you listen to your inner voice.
As the energies from Imbolg fade into the distance, Dark Moon reminds us to look inward, to dream, and to recognize our true callings. Pull those inward thoughts out and release them onto paper–in a journal, as a list of goals, aspirations, hopes, etc. Use these dreams to make goals that will help you get to where you want to go on Life’s path.
Now is the perfect time to plan out the steps toward reaching any goals that you do want to set for yourself, and the careful planning and hard work will pay off later in the year. Whether it relates to career, finances, family, romance, friendship, etc., planning goals and dreaming big will help keep you focused throughout the remainder of 2016–and the year of the Monkey!
But even though hard work is necessary and daunting at times, it will bring its rewards. Just don’t let “all work” be your main focus that it becomes passionless. Play, laugh, create something new, and keep dreaming.
Blessings, Love & Light Xo
[Image courtesy of UniverseToday.com; “Photo of the Moon shows its far side. The image was taken by NASA’s Galileo spacecraft as it was speeding out on its journey to Jupiter.”]